MondelezGlobal Region Director of Retail - St. Louis, MO in St. Louis Missouri United States
Mondelēz International is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelēz International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
While Mondelēz International is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our products are marketed. As the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelēz International has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum and Coffee.
Mondelēz International portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury and Milka chocolate, Jacobs coffee, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondelēz International has annual revenue of approximately $35 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
For more information, please visit:
http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational
The Region Director of Retail (RDR) will direct and oversee all retail selling efforts, either Warehouse or Direct Store Delivery (DSD) within a specific geography and serve as the direct supervisor for a team of District Sales Managers (DM) and Retail Merchandising Supervisors (RMS). Ensuring that all Retail priorities are clearly communicated and executed at store level is critical.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Develop Retail Account Strategy/Tactical Plan:
- Works with the RVP to develop strategies and standards for customer accounts called on by Retail.
- Develop region's tactical retail plan.
- Establish process to ensure customer account strategy is integrated and consistent with retail strategy and customer service guidelines.
- Support and participate with Team Leaders and customer team on selected account calls (e.g. customer reviews) and represent retail execution capabilities.
- Communicate retail account strategy/standards internally and externally
- Lead annual retail reviews and major presentations
- Establish process to integrate retail strategy and customer service guidelines; ensure consistency
- Provide input into the customer service strategy
- Communicate retail strategy/standards internally and externally
- Provide feedback to customer teams on sales opportunities and input into customer plan development
Lead and Drive Retail Execution:
- Set performance expectations and standards for direct reports
- Assist personnel with plan/program development
- Establish coverage standards for each retail customer
- Set process and standards to ensure region responses to customer's needs are quick and reliable
- Proactively resolve issues/conflicts between retail customer teams, if necessary
- Feeds back retail conditions to RVP based on first-hand knowledge
- Communicate retail strategies/tactics to direct reports
- Provide mechanisms for effective field communication
Develop and Coach People:
- Develop region HR strategy and plan (e.g. succession plan)
- Develop and monitor to ensure training standards are met in the region
- Provide formal and informal constructive feedback
- Work with direct reports to create and execute development plans and individual career paths
- Provide ongoing feedback to RVP about personnel capabilities/development
- Goes on retail "work-withs" to coach and assess personnel capability and retail conditions
- Communication champion
- Calibrate DM, RMS and SR performance to ensure MAP rating consistency
Manage Retail Resources:
- Efficiently allocate resources
- Manage retail execution budget
- Provide input into Manger of Training and Recruiting priorities
- Hire, terminate, and evaluate retail personnel
- Attract and retain high caliber candidates
- Ensure execution of all key HQ programs at splinter group level by providing strong leadership to key account personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- Minimum of 10 years of consumer products industry experience along with strong sales knowledge with an emphasis on managing customer relationships (HQ management), retail deployment, sales finance, and sales operations.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
- Retail leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of customer and business strategies.
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills
- Strong written / oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- People management experience and skills
Mondelēz International, Inc. is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Mondelēz International, Inc. therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status
Job: Sales Management
Primary Location: NA-US-MO-St. Louis
Req ID: 1404851