Mondelez International Customer Category Manager - Harris Teeter in Charlotte, North Carolina
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
The CCM is a challenging role with the goal to achieve MDLZ annual and long range KPI’s to include: Sales, profit, and consumption within the assigned customers. Participate in the development and lead the implementation and coordination of strategic business plans; align with Brand and National strategies; drive consumption of MDLZ products; grow/maintain share; build brand equity.
All core and cross-functional team members work in concert to achieve the customer’s business strategy including customer penetration, marketing/sales program implementation, operations/promotion financial management and new product development plans and programs.
Build Mondelēz International business with the customer as measured by profitability achievement, share gains, volume targets, special programs, and new item introductions. Develop and cultivate effective, positive business relationships with key customer decision makers - penetrate all levels and key functions of the customer.
Collaborates with Category Planners, Shopper Marketing, and Key Stakeholders to tailor Mondelēz International programs consistent with customer strategies through the development of Sale’s presentations to sell‐in new items, new distribution, merchandising events, etc. Create synergies in the Mondelez International portfolio of products to drive customer profitability and Mondelēz International revenue, consumption and share.
Translates BU priorities into a comprehensive CMA for the planning period. Collaborates with Customer to ensure compliance and performance on agreed upon strategies / tactics.
Proactively manages plan:
• Translates priorities into actionable plans specific to category/customer.
• Collaborates with the Customer, gaining alignment on plan and key supporting tactics.
• Builds/delivers revenue, profit, and share by applying category management principles and business analytic best practices to identify key category drivers and implementing business recommendations to drive Mondelēz International & Customer growth.
• Ensure accuracy of LE by updating C-Plan & TPM Customer Plans based on actual performance; targeting continuous improvement in forecasting and “Revenue Call”.
Manages communications with Supply Chain ensuring accurate, timely forecast and order management.
Provides updates to management on competitive activity (Customer and in the Market), Customer specific strategy changes, key marketplace updates and other business Related activities.
Conducts category analysis by utilizing current consumer and category insights and KPI Reports. Analyzes the category, the customer and the consumer information to make strategic business building decisions.
• Leverages analytical support to understand customer/category implications of the information presented
• Recognizes opportunities to grow share / profitability with the customer.
• Evaluates post event analytical support to determine profitability and ROI of trade funded events – determines areas for improvement and increased trade efficiencies.
• Collaborates with the customer to continually refine future plans.
- Manages operating costs
• Manages effective trade funds spending within budget.
• Develops effective and efficient merchandising that maximize ROI.
• Ensures timely and efficient resolution to Customer deductions.
• Reviews KPIs to determine necessary action steps to improve category
• Leads the resolution of post audit deductions (with administrative support when appropriate).
• Adheres to auditing policy and procedures.
Relationships (Internal and External)
• Strategic Leader
• Sales Services Associate
• Sales Services Team Manager
• Retail Sales Managers
• Sales Representatives
• Customer Category Planner
• Customer Insights Manager
• Category Analysis Managers
• Category Analysts
• HQ CSP Team
• Director Collaborative Customer Marketing
• Customer Service/Supply Chain Organization
• Customer VP/Director Merchandising and Products
• Customer VP/Director Procurement
• Customer Product Directors and category managers
• Bachelor’s Degree (4 YR) preferred
• Sales Process: Aligning with customers by using a strategic and consultative sales process to understand customers’ needs and exceed their expectations while growing each customer’s and Mondelez’s business.
• Finance and Profitability: Integrating sales skills with knowledge of financial data and profitability requirements to increase the cost-effectiveness and economic performance of Mondelez and the customer’s business. Consistently identifies profitable opportunities for Mondelez.
• Understanding the “4 C’s: Consistently demonstrates and proactively delivers a thorough understanding of consumer, category, competition and customer. Able to analyze and interpret data on the “4 C’s” to find opportunities and effectively grow the Mondelez business.
• Strategic Business Building: Ability to look holistically at opportunities and solutions. Can see beyond one customer or one point in time. Can look at overall impact of decisions to the business in order to grow both top and bottom line revenue for Mondelez.
• Promotions/Distribution/Merchandising: Identifying opportunities to use promotions, distribution and merchandising to develop and support business-to-business relationships between Mondelez and customer organizations. Ability to analyze promotional activities for return on investment.
Drive for Results
Business Acumen (Strategic Perspective)
Dealing with Ambiguity
Develop Direct Reports and Others
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.