Mondelez International ITS Strategy Lead in Deerfield, Illinois
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
IT Strategy Lead, IT Strategy serves as a key leader in Technology solutions for Mondelēz International. He/she is an active member of the Mondelēz International IT Extended Leadership Team responsible for the overall direction, relevance, health and growth of the IT Strategy
Biz Technology strategy
• Responsible for developing the detailed plan for business technology strategy, derived from and supporting the global and regional plans s.
• Responsible connecting the biz strategy with the Tech strategy applying pre-defined Enterprise Architecture principle to align future tech investment
• Responsible for assessing strategic technology requirements and define high level architecture of technology solutions to deliver against these technical requirements.
• Responsible for leading Digital Transformation initiatives at global level
• Responsible for presenting/ selling in technology solutions to client business owners
• Primary point of contact for internal client IT stakeholders.
• Responsible for building confidence with client IT teams and ensuring compliance with client IT rules
• Responsible for promoting technology innovation with Mondelēz International by identifying new, relevant technologies, gaining support of regional/global tech leadership team and educating/inspiring key leadership stakeholders as to what technology can achieve.
• Responsible for assessing risk in current and future projects and proactively developing strategies to minimize risk
Governance / Investment
• Responsible for establishing top of strategic third party relationships
• Responsible for developing and managing to budget for all resources
• Portfolio alignment to strategic business initiatives
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and ATTRIBUTES
• 15+ years of technology experience; 7+ years’ experience leading a team
• Experience of delivering within a large complex matrixed environment.
• Evidence of transforming and managing technology strategies
• Evidence of developing vendor relations/ partnerships to achieve value centric delivery
• Deep technology experience (this will be tested) including:
o Emerging technology
o Cloud technologies
o Digital Transformation/AI/Analytics, etc
• Able to demonstrate interest in/active research of emerging technologies and ability to apply these to Mondelēz International Growth objectives
• Evidence of delivery of innovative solutions, working with creative and other business teams
• Problem solver - able to predict and preempt problems and develop practical actions to solve
• Ownership - believes the quality of the end deliverable is all that counts and will take ownership of all elements of project to achieve this (not pass the responsibility)
• Strong communication skills. Able to make complex subjects understandable for non-technical audience
• Likeable and able to form positive team relationships
• Gravitas - experienced enough to be taken seriously by executive stakeholders
• Strength of character - able to say no to bad ideas and recommend advocate for better ones
EDUCATION and OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
• Prior experience in Consumer Packaged Goods- preferred
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.