Mondelez International Manager of External Reporting in Deerfield, Illinois
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
Finance is infused into every single aspect of our multibillion-dollar global organization. But it’s not just about numbers. As part of our finance team, you’ll collect and analyze intelligent information and data and use that to give everyone at Mondelēz International the power to make informed decisions.
This position is critical in the development of and preparation of Mondelēz International’s external reporting. The role includes coordinating and performing numerous activities on behalf of the external reporting team including coordinating the flow of information between functions and liaising with multiple levels of management. This position will perform technical accounting and SEC research in order to provide management with timely information for analysis and decision-making. The position will also assist in other significant projects, which vary based on Mondelēz International’s business transactions and priorities (e.g., acquisitions, divestitures, new policies, new types of transactions, training initiatives, benchmarking, etc.). The position is also focused on developing fellow team members.
• Preparing quality SEC financial filings, including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, S-3s, S-4s, and other filings
• Supporting Proxy Statement preparation and review
• Coordinating successful transmission and receipt of financial information between the corporate office and the domestic and international operations
• Assisting with accounting research efforts related to the operations of the global corporation, including the development of position papers on accounting matters
• Monitoring US GAAP, SEC and PCAOB developments and evaluating the impacts of new accounting and reporting rules
• Assist in providing guidance and support to corporate and operating company personnel on technical financial and accounting matters (e.g. accounting for stock compensation, income taxes, derivatives, acquisitions and divestitures, foreign currency transactions, revenue recognition, leases)
• Participating in accounting and reporting of highly technical areas (e.g., impairment reviews etc.)
• Assisting in projects relating to M&A activity, accounting and reporting as they become necessary
• Developing and updating accounting policies
• Working with external auditors to provide support for financial statement disclosures and goodwill impairment test results.
• Taking primary responsibility on special projects related to reporting issues, budgets and other issues as they arise
• Managing and reviewing the XBRL compliance and filing process
• Working with the external printers in the SEC filing process (coordination of timetables, review of changes submitted, formatting review, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• Certified Public Accounting - either registered or licensed as a CPA.
• Considerable or 100% public accounting experience with emphasis on SEC engagements strongly preferred.
• Minimum of four, preferably five, years of experience.
• Strong technical accounting & research skills, along with the ability and desire to use these skills to think creatively to assist in structuring transactions while ensuring the accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP.
• Ability to work efficiently and achieve results, while maintaining high quality standards.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills.
• Excellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills.
• Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal (including public speaking skills).
• Ability to effectively manage, continuously reprioritize and timely address multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required; Workiva Wdesk experience strongly preferred.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.