Mondelez International Packaging Engineer in East Hanover, New Jersey
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
Research, Development & Quality
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
Purpose of Role
This is a Packaging Development RDQI position in the Global Biscuit Category responsible for developing packaging solutions for Global Platform Innovation programs (GPI), as well as supporting priority global quality and technology initiatives.
The individual must possess strong technical skills and the ability to handle projects with high level of complexity. The individual must demonstrate leadership and the ability to be a strong team player representing our technical organization. The individual must have comfort level working autonomously and able to identify and communicate risks to peers/managment.
• Drive for excellence in innovation management and technical leadership in packaging programs from pre-concept initiation through regional hand-off and commercialization.
• Work in partnership with Marketing and CI/CS to develop research plans that include packaging insights and build hollistic concept/product/package/design bundle.
• Work in partnership with regional packaging leads and developers to get requred inputs for development and gain alignment on project direction.
• Developing timelines, risk assessment and contingency plans to ensure execution on projects with minimal supervision.
• Design, plan, and conduct analytical testing, line trials and package performance testing, and translate to actional recommendations.
• Ensure all Packaging Quality expectations are delivered.
• Understanding of the IIM and CQV processes.
KPIs / Dimensions
Consumer Focused Programs
Understand Biscuit Category
Targets / Dimensions
Assignments will provide exposure to global framework, including the GPI team, region packaging leaders, region marketing leaders, global/local procurement/suppliers and regional/global supply chain. In addition, these assignments will enable the individual to shape how we work in a global organization and how we represent our brands through packaging in both developed and emerging markets.
Career Experiences Required & Role Implications
• Experience in development, trials and commercialization of packaging initiatives.
• Planning and project management abilities.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Front End Innovation exposure
• Minimum 3 years experience; • BS Required, MS Preferred
Drive for results
Dealing with ambiguity
Functional/Technical Packaging Knowledge
Written, Verbal, Visual Communication Skills
Hollistic Packaging Design understanding
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.