Mondelez International Scientist I in East Hanover, New Jersey
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
Research, Development & Quality
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
This RD&Q position is in East Hanover, NJ and is focused on Product Development. The candidate will provide technical leadership within the Global Platform team dedicated to developing and improving products sold globally. The candidate will participate in all stages of the product development lifecycle, from concept to development and commercialization. They will also have the opportunity to lead technically driven projects to continue to build the fundamental knowledge in gum.
The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, apply technical expertise to solve complex problems and develop and share best practices with the global technical community. The candidate will be able to leverage project management skills to develop project objectives and recommend action plans to implement key findings. Personal drive, organization, the ability to manage ambiguity and excellent communication skills will be the keys to success in this role.
A candidate with specific experience working with confections is strongly preferred. Candidates with other confections or food experience will be considered and will be required to demonstrate the intellectual horsepower and learning agility necessary to quickly develop expertise in this field.
• Apply knowledge of food science principles and ingredient functionality to develop or improve formulations.
• Provide technical leadership on cross functional project teams; develop a R&D project plan and timeline for each project, while understanding our function’s relationship to others in the business.
• Conduct and supervise lab and pilot development.
• Coordinate sensory and analytical testing of prototype formulas.
• Partner with process and package development to conduct manufacturing trials and commercialize for launch.
• Demonstrates how to get things done through influencing and is able to adjust personal and interpersonal behavior as needed.
• Design and conduct stability studies to ensure adequate shelf life for new formulations.
• Develop and manage product specifications; develop proficiency in the Meridian Spec system.
• Influence business partners to drive project agenda; build effective relationships with colleagues, cross functional teams and stakeholders.
• Summarize project findings and prepare appropriate reports and presentations, load all documentation in R&D Suite. Recognizes in one mode of communication is not working and flexes style appropriately
• Leverage sources beyond own area of recognized expertize within organization to ensure effectiveness.
Qualifications & Requisite skills include:
·B.S. or M.S. in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Equivalent-Required
·Minimum of 6 years of experience In a Product Development or Technical RDQ role-Required
·Willing to travel 25% both domestically and internationally-Required
·Experience working with confectionery formulas & ingredients Desired / will train
·Strong communication skills; the ability to influence decision makers, build relationships and drive to results-Required
·Strong project planning & management skills.-Required
·Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources to solve complex problems.-Required
·Experience working in Meridian or similar specification system. Desired / will train
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.