Mondelez International Senior Associate Manager Forecasting in East Hanover, New Jersey
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
In Marketing, you’ll be the ones who first capture our consumers’ imaginations, giving them a tantalizing taste of our brands. You’ll work to help our brands stay relevant to consumers by developing and activating brand plans that capture their imagination, passion and loyalty.
Scope of the position
• Own and lead national forecasting and an unconstrained view of demand over a 24 month horizon with properly documented assumptions for one or more brands/segments to support business planning.
• Act as a single point of contact for a set of key category planning assumptions (Trade, A&C, Innovation, or other).
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to aggregate and understand forecast inputs
• Partner and support Demand Planning to drive forecast alignment and accuracy
• Run forecast scenarios for different spend levels; provide historical category performance perspective and ensure linkage back to annual planning assumptions
• Identify and assess risks & opportunities to revenue plan and support analysis on gap closure options
• Present the latest brand/segment forecast and associated assumptions in the Demand Review step of the IBP Process
• Lead deep dive analyses on brand performance issues as per Demand Review requirements
• Provide insights related to shipment /consumption / inventory in the market and implications to the forecast.
• Support development of portfolio plans, including new item launches and discontinuations as part of annual marketing plans.
• Monitor in-market innovation performance vs. targets (Revenue and Consumption). Recommend corrective business action, and adjust forecasts as needed.
Primary responsibilities of the position and % of time spent on that responsibility
1.Cross-functional collaboration on inputs and planning assumptions 40%
• Partner with Sales, Equity, Innovation, Commercialization, Demand Planning, and Finance to gather key planning inputs that drive the forecast (Trade, A&C, customer activity, innovation, discontinuations, etc.)
• Drive key IBP and supporting process steps in the monthly process to continuously update and validate planning assumptions, such as C3, Pre-Demand Review, and Demand Review.
2. Forecast development & management 30%
• Translate planning inputs into an aggregate revenue & volume forecast
• Apply a net change approach, tracking changes in planning assumptions each month
• Use the business driver methodology to communicate the forecast, changes month-over-month, and changes versus key benchmarks (AC / financial forecasts)
• Provide a forecast of key consumption causals (TDP, Velocity, Displays)
• Provide a forecast for category growth and market share, with both qualitative and quantitative assessment of category trends and competitive landscape
• Partner with Demand Planning to support the development of a shipment forecast.
3. Communicate and influence the business to close gaps between the unbiased forecast and target 30%
• Present the forecast and associated assumptions to business leadership and key stakeholders
• Remain an unbiased voice in the face of business pressures
• Resolve disagreements over planning assumptions and drive for consensus
• Identify risks and opportunities to the forecast, and steer the business towards gap closure
Bachelor´s Degree (4 YR)
General Work Experience (5 YR Min)
Planning Experience (Sales, Demand, Supply) (3 YR Min)
Project Management (2 YR Min)
Experience outside of Mondelez (desired)
Strong presentation, communications, influencing skills and motivational skills. Interpersonal savvy
Analytical capability – able to analyze large amounts of data / multiple inputs and synthesize
Being able to Tell it Like it Is
Command Skills, Presence
Comfort around higher management
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.