Mondelez International Senior Engineer I in East Hanover, New Jersey
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
This position is for a process developer with 3-5 years of experience supporting the NA Region Biscuit Process Development. Projects will focus on Innovation, Core process development & optimization, and quality improvement. The candidate will be responsible for the process development, optimization, and commercialization of new snack products related to the Biscuit category. This position allows the candidate to develop and drive growth opportunities within the Innovation group. This position will have the opportunity to work on multiple brands across and build strong relationships across R&D, with suppliers, Co-manufacturers, the Business, Research, etc.
The Candidate will be responsible for designing, planning and execution of experiments for bench top, pilot plant and plant trials. They must also develop and manage project plans and timelines insuring that projects are delivered on time. Candidates should possess strong technical and project management skills, and effective communication skills.
The Candidate must be able to assess testing plans, gather and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings. While the candidate will be a member of a new products team, they will need to be able to lead their assigned projects and collaborate with cross functional team members.
The Candidate must possess some experience in ingredient functionality, formulation, and commercialization. The individual must be able to write detailed process specifications and project reports and is able to support Quality and Manufacturing needs as it relates to their projects.
3-4 years of product development experience is required preferably in the food industry.
• Lead development and execution of growth, brand value, quality improvement launches from bench prototyping to commercialization of assigned project(s) – 60%
• Assist in pipeline scoping and technical assessment of future innovation projects & ideas – 20%
• Develop, update and maintain process/ product specification of assigned projects – 10%
• Support assessment of IP strategy, FTO as it relates to projects – 10%
Internal and external contacts:
In this section, describe all internal and external clients of position, as well as the frequency of interaction.
Research technical experts, suppliers, RDQ partners, and Business cross functional partners including Marketing, Sales, PCM, Procurement, Manufacturing, Consumer Science, CIS, Graphics partners.
Key stakeholders include:
• Product development
• Marketing Brand and Platform leads
• Biscuit Operations, Business Unit Lead
• Packaging Group leaders and Packaging counterparts
• Sensory & Consumer science group
• Corporate and Field Quality
• Biscuit Research
• US Brand Value, Canada, and Global Partners
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working with proven track record of successful product launches and product & process development technology in the Food Industry.
• Strong Engineering and process Knowledge with some basic understanding of Food Science, Food Chemistry within the biscuit category
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
• Ability to influence others and get results through working with a diverse team
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity
• Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management and problem solving competencies
• Strong demonstration of living the values in leading by example.
• Travel up to 40% ( US, Canada, Mexico)
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.