Mondelez International Sanitation Supervisor in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for the Sanitation process and employees. This role is responsible for motivating the personnel while administrating the master sanitation schedule, and assigning the appropriate resources to effectively execute the tasks. The role is required to lead/participate in plant and corporate projects and/or programs that consist of sanitation requirements or functions. This role will have accountability in ensuring new or current practices and processes are compliant to external regulations and internal policies.
• Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of assigned duties.
• Develop and execute master sanitation schedule, planning appropriate resources and coordinating with affected departments.
• Drives sanitation practices and administers programs to produce safe products which meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Create and validate cleaning standards, including procedures, checklists, and visual aids.
• Train and coach associates to safely perform cleaning procedures.
• Schedules labor and approves payroll of the Sanitation team.
• Participate in project teams for new equipment and infrastructure, working with Safety, Quality, Operations and Engineering teams to ensure compliance to hygienic design requirements.
• Involves working in food manufacturing environment with high degree of noise and temperature extremes.
• Must perform additional duties assigned by Quality and Sanitation Management.
• Ability to work in a team environment with a professional and optimistic attitude.
• Ability to organize, motivate and coach employees on desired outcomes.
• Able to work independently with limited supervision. Proactive and takes action without being prompted.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Applicants must have flexibility in scheduling. Will work different shifts, weekends, and overtime as needed.
• Advanced computer skills, work proficiently with Microsoft Office. Ability to learn through training the required computer systems/software.
• Must manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including hourly employees, suppliers, and upper management.
• Results Orientation – maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals. Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached. Conveys an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
• Two years or more of experience supervising direct reports preferred.
• An associate's degree in Engineering Technology or Food Science is preferred.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.