Mondelez International Human Resource Coordinator in Portland, Oregon
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
With more than nearly 90,000 employees around the world, we need to make our size work for us. Your human resources skills can help make that happen. You’ll partner with business units to create growth opportunities for our talent, building the right enterprise capabilities and, ultimately, a culture that enables us to be competitive … and also fun.
Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the North America Plant HR Co-ordinator to work directly with the Blue Collar plant workforce to advise on and complete HR Administration processes and blue collar hiring that are required by local plant procedures and collective agreements
The Plant HR Co-ordinator will be expected to understand the relevant union agreement to support Employee and Labor relations processes.
The role also supports the local plant HR Manager in delivery of other HR processes such as employee relations and local training.
1. HR Administrative Processes 70%
Deliver the following activities, adhering to MBS Employee Services procedures where required:
• Provide high-quality, timely, and professional service to customers (blue collar employee & line managers) in responding to queries, advising on policies and procedures and managing HR admin processes
• Educate and support plant hourly paid employees in using self-service systems and contacting the correct service center depending on the nature of the query. The goal is for all employees to use the tools and services directly
• Provide direct support on HR procedures that are local to the plant, for example updating employee information, pay rates etc in the local time capture system, providing advice on local policies
• Maintain HR data in the time system ensuring data reflects the contract, and holiday calendars/ employee data is up to date
• Educate and support Time Administrators to avoid payroll errors. This includes reinforcing compliance to good practices, such as timely review and clearing of errors, and submitting within the deadline. As needed, coordinate with time administrators and employees to correct/initiate pay corrections.
Employee Events (pay & position)
• Perform position completions for new hires and employees with career events in the Time&Attendance system in line with system generated reports (Sharp to LIS transaction report)
• Advise MBS of any hourly wage progression or annual general increases in line with contractual agreements
• Provide advice to line managers to ensure career events are timely and accurately submitted to MBS for processing
Leaves of Absence & Separations
• Provide advice to line managers and employees on the process including where the relevant policies and checklists can be found online.
• Advise the HR Manager of leaves of absence and separations.
• Prepare, send and efile letters as required.
• Conduct exit interviews with targeted employee populations and enter data in case management/survey tool
Recruitment & On-boarding
• Ensure new hires are welcomed on day one and are taken through the elements of induction that are allocated as HR responsibility (this may be completed by the HR Manager or hiring manager or by someone else as agreed).
• Administer apprentice/internship program (if existing at plant)
• Provide MBS Learning Management Team with completed Rosters for all Blue Collar programs recorded in the Global LMS to ensure training completions can be uploaded in a timely manner. Retain copy of Rosters where legally required.
• Coordinate on-site blue collar training sessions as required
• Be the first point of contact for line managers/employees with L&D queries, but refer to the MIU ISC Faculty / Global Learning / MBS Learning Management Team corporate learning team where necessary.
Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S)
• Provide support to the plant IL6S initiative as required – this could range from support and coordination to leadership of aspects of an IL6S pillar
• Perform all HR administrative and coordinating tasks at plant level, including simple reports (others are requested to MBS), union bidding process, attendance policy tracking, etc.
• Respond to inquiries and requests for information from local agencies and 3rd parties, where required locally and authorized by the local plant HR Manager,
2. Other HR processes - 20%
• Prepare logistics for onsite events including plant-wide or direct employee communications (examples in include on-site training, visits by benefits providers etc)
• Support HR managers with the administration and note-taking for disciplinary meetings, grievances and collective consultation, including attendance at other relevant meetings.
• Support HR Manager in areas of blue collar reorganization, restructure, workforce realignments, etc.
3. HR ways of working – 5%
Operate in line with our retained HR/MBS HTR model to ensure that processes are completed in the most efficient way, and work is done in the right place
• Act as a main point-of-contact for HR related questions for blue collar workforce and line managers
• Explain how the process works and where necessary how the manager/employee can support delivery by following the process.
• Refer line managers and employees to the intranet or knowledge base/and or the correct point of contact where possible and build their ability to self-serve for policies, forms and contacting MBS/3rd party vendors for direct support.
• Provide advice to line managers and employees on HR Admin processes including explanation of the policy and practices including collective bargaining agreements where applicable
• Develop specialist knowledge of practical Employment Law relevant for plant workforce
• Provide advice on process guidelines such as the % pay increase available for typical promotions, or the employment law requirements (e.g., Timing of final payment at termination in each state/province/canton).
• Where, after working with the line manager/employee, they are seeking a solution outside the guidelines, escalate to the relevant member of the HR team for resolution (e.g. a leave of absence request that exceeds guidelines, or recruitment request for a role that has changed in grade or content).
• When asked for advice on something outside the scope of the role, refer the enquirer effectively to the right person in the team
• Contribute to identify areas for delivery improvement and optimization by spotting and raising improvement opportunities to your team leader of local HR Manager
4. Compliance 5%
• Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable guidelines and legal requirements – this applies to electronic files, and where legally required, paper files
• Ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and MDLZ compliance for HR standards and processes, e.g., data protection, adverse impact analysis, performance management audits, exit interviews etc.
• University Degree or related required (All majors accepted; Human Resources, Business preferred)
• Advanced Degree preferred.
• 5 or more years of relevant professional experience in Human Resources.
• Lean Six Sigma knowledge.
• SAP and SOX experience a plus.
• Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated data analysis and interpretation skills required.
• Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
• Self-directed, effective multi-tasker, problem solver and able to manage fluctuating workload.
• High operational excellence with proven ability to build relationships, motivate, educate, and mentor.
• Proactive leader who takes initiative.
• Team player with demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
• Ability to lead and/or facilitate business process improvements that positively impact customer satisfaction.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.