Mondelez International Instrumentation and Control Technician in Portland, Oregon
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Starting Pay Rate: $42.00-$45.00 per hour (plus shift differential)
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including
• 100% company paid medical for ALL covered dependents
• excellent prescription plan
• paid holidays
• 401K with company match
• pension plan
• company paid STD
• company provided skills training
• ability to use company purchased or personal tools
• Working with field instrumentation that measures temperature, humidity, pressure, flow and level. Good understanding of Allen Bradley PLC, other manufacturing process control systems, troubleshooting field instrumentation.
• Developing calibration procedures and performing calibrations of process measurement and control system nodes.
• Maintaining and expanding new control loops and maintenance of associated panels.
• Commissioning and system integration of new systems within the facility.
• Working with a preventive maintenance program and all associated hardware and software.
• Supporting and maintaining established system standards and documentation for process control loops and analytical equipment.
• Generation of new and support of existing calibration records and documentation as needed.
• Effectively communicates and works collaboratively at all levels of the organization in diverse work group settings and in concert with external resources.
• Effectively uses a variety of media, i.e. MS office suite, etc. to convey technical data, concepts and ideas.
• Preferred experience with HVAC Allerton controls and Foxboro operating systems.
• Perform electrical repairs as needed on processing and packaging production line equipment.
Primary responsibilities and qualifications in order of importance
• Install, program and troubleshoot various PLC platforms
• Install, program and troubleshoot variable frequency drives
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 2yr vocational, technical or trade school diploma
• ISA III or EPRI technical certification required (or equivalent instrumentation and controls certification).
• Minimal requirement of Limited Maintenance Electrician(LME), preferred Journeyman’s License.
• Licensed electrician in the state of Oregon (or another State with Oregon reciprocity; Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming).
• 4+ years of experience as an industrial electrician strongly preferred with working knowledge of automated industrial manufacturing and facilities systems, instrumentation.
• Extensive knowledge of field calibrations, PLC I/O configuration.
• Strong knowledge with electronic control systems including PLC’s.
• Familiarity of facilities equipment such as; Allerton HVAC control system and wastewater treatment systems.
• Knowledge of code, servers, operating systems, databases and networks would be an added advantage.
• Ability to maintain detailed accurate records and prepare necessary reports.
• Exposure to IL6S Preventative Maintenance environment strongly preferred.
• Experience working with SAP strongly preferred.
• Proven leadership and teamwork.
• Willingness to work any shift, first, second or third and overtime as needed by the business.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.