Mondelez International Quality Technician in Portland, Oregon
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Purpose of Role
Quality Technicians monitor and maintain the plants Quality systems to ensure compliance to regulatory, federal and local laws. This role enables the plant to maintain compliance with all Food Safety Standards including compliance to FDA regulations and FSSC certification standards.
• Performs and documents facilities verification/auditing of KPOG’s system, packaging lines, and other areas of the bakery ensuring required testing is being performed and process operating guidelines are being followed
• Verifies all quality testing equipment is functioning properly by performing and documenting maintenance, calibration, and verification to ensure product testing results are accurate.
• Performs hold-release program duties by placing out-of-spec product and materials on hold (both physically and in SAP/Catalyst), tests hold materials, and documents root causes of quality issues via incident action form (hold reports), communicating with Team Leads, and capturing relevant information in Incident Action tracking system to ensure all shipped product meets specification.
• Performs daily raw material receipt by reviewing COA’s, sampling raw materials, and logging receipt and inspection to verify all raw materials and packaging meet Mondelez specification.
• Verifies effectiveness of sanitation and maintenance by performing pre-operational, maintenance, and shut-down inspections of production lines to verify food contact sanitary conditions. Works closely with Team Leads in scheduling optimizing start-up efficiency.
• Performs environmental testing collecting water samples and conduction hygienic swabbing throughout facility (PEM, Non-PEM) ensuring effectiveness of sanitation procedures.
• Performs training on quality equipment and processes to line operators and Team Leads by reviewing SOP’s, coordinating training sessions, and documenting attendance to ensure that all affected personnel are following plant SOP’s.
• Maintain quality lab supplies, reagent management, lab cleanliness, lab 5S, and maintaining Mondelez analytical laboratory standards.
• Support IL6S QM Pillar functions with participation in Pillars and Product Teams.
Key Interfaces / Stakeholders
Corporate Quality, Sanitation, RDQ
All Levels of the Organization (Salaried Staff & Core Team)
Career Experiences Required & Role Implications
Preferred 4 year degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field. No prior work experience required. Entry Level Position.
Key Leadership / Functional Competencies
Integrity and trust
Attention to Detail
Self - Starter
Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices
Critical Thinking Skills
Ability to Work Independently
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.