Mondelez International Stationary Engineer in Portland, Oregon
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
• Responsible for meeting production & facility equipment inspection, maintenance and repair requirements for assigned Bakery shifts. Also provide all technical assistance to adapt new production machinery to Bakery's applications.
• Conduct ongoing preventative visual inspections of Bakery's production equipment & facility equipment and provide all scheduled/non-scheduled maintenance and repair as required.
• Provide on-call repair service for production machinery.
• Read, study and review manuals and relevant literature to stay current on new equipment and the updating of existing equipment.
• Complete preventative maintenance reports and other documents to communicate status of equipment and action required for effective operation of facility and/or production equipment.
• Work over 40 hours in a workweek and 8 hours in a day including all required overtime.
• Regular and prompt attendance.
• Communicate and participate in group meetings on issues such as group performance, goals, safety and productivity.
• Follow all applicable Safety and Health policies and practices and informs immediate supervisor about unsafe or unhealthy conditions observed in the workplace.
• Consult with immediate supervisor concerning issues, unusual problems or developments and clarification on direction and scope of efforts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education: High school
• Years of Experience: Five years applied experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment, preferably in the food processing industry.
• LME license preferred.
1- Pressure Systems exp (Boilers)
2- HVAC exp
Ability to work any shift and overtime; ability to work with minimal supervision and function effectively in a highly demanding environment; excellent ability to read and interpret all types of blueprints; ability to work within close tolerances; ability to interact effectively with outside vendors, production operators, team leads, and members of other trades.
Required to wear respirator occasionally.
1) Physical activities of this position:
Stooping, kneeling, crouching frequently.
Crawling short distances occasionally.
Reaching arm's length frequently.
Standing for sustained periods
Walking two miles daily.
Pushing and pulling, up to 100 lbs.
Lifting up to fifty lbs. frequently.
Using fingers, grasping tools, small parts.
Talking (expressing ideas/information by means of spoken word).
Hearing (hearing sounds, receive oral speech, discriminate differences in pitch).
Repetitive motions of wrists, hands or fingers.
2) Physical requirements of this position:
Heavy work (up to 100 pounds occasionally, or 50 pounds frequently).
3) Visual Acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision:
Machine operators without inspection, mechanics, skilled trade’s people. Machine and equipment operators, inspection, close assembly, clerical, administrative. Includes the work of people who do analysis of data, work at a computer terminal, and look at small parts, read.
4) Environmental factors:
Subject to both inside and outside working conditions.
Subject to extreme heat, above 100 degrees for more than one hour.
Subject to vibrations affecting extremities or whole body.
Subject to hazards: moving machinery, electrical current, high places, chemicals, heat.
Subject to atmospheric conditions: Fumes, dust, odors, mists, gasses, oils.
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.