Mondelez International Maintenance Mechanic in Richmond, Virginia
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Purpose of the Role
The Maintenance Mechanic will ensure the efficient and reliable operation of high speed and complex processing and packaging equipment. This includes troubleshooting, problem identification, maintaining, testing, installing and conducting all mechanical repairs on all of the processing and packaging equipment
• Responsible for meeting production equipment inspection, maintenance and repair requirements for assigned Bakery shifts; includes the ongoing inspections and repair of all production machinery including fabrication of parts not otherwise available. Also provide all technical assistance to adapt new production machinery to Bakery's applications.
• Conduct ongoing preventative visual inspections of Bakery's production machinery and load-handling equipment and provide all scheduled/non-scheduled maintenance and repair as required.
• Provide on-call repair service for production machinery.
• Fabricate and machine production machine parts as necessary for repair and replacement of parts from stock.
• Provide all mechanical/technical applications to adapt and install new production equipment for Bakery operations; includes pre-consideration of electrical, computer, layout and mechanical applications.
• Read, study and review manuals and relevant literature to stay current on new equipment and the updating of existing equipment.
• Complete preventative maintenance reports and other documents to communicate status of equipment and action required for effective operation of production equipment.
• Communicate and participate in group meetings on issues such as group performance, goals, safety and productivity.
• Follow all applicable Safety and Health policies and practices and informs immediate supervisor about unsafe or unhealthy conditions observed in the workplace.
• Consult with immediate supervisor concerning issues, unusual problems or developments and clarification on direction and scope of efforts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
Served and satisfactorily completed an approved Apprenticeship or Training
At least 4 years manufacturing experience
Ability to work any shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd), weekends, and holidays as required
Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision
Ability to problem solve and help with practical solutions
Able to learn and apply Continuous Improvement tools (Lean, Six Sigma, etc..)
Machine shop principles and mechanical troubleshooting principles; working knowledge of computer applications to production equipment; working knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and welding principles; working knowledge of electrical-pneumatic and hydraulic principles.
Experience with high speed packaging lines and production equipment in food processing, chemical, pharmaceutical, machine shop, or plastic industries
Familiar with SAP - PM
Dealing with ambiguity
Learning on the Fly
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.