Mondelez International Milling Operations Supervisor in Toledo, Ohio
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
Flour Milling Operations, Milling Operations Supervisor
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelēz International is a company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelēz International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
While Mondelēz International is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our products are marketed. As the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelēz International has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum.
Mondelēz International portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury and Milka chocolate, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondelēz International has annual revenue of approximately $40 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
Mondelēz International Toledo, OH Flour Mill is the largest soft wheat flour mill in North America & manufacturers flour for Oreo, Ritz, Chips Ahoy!, Premium and a variety of other snack products. The Milling Operations Supervisor reports into the Operations Manager. This position is responsible for leading and managing the Milling Department.
The primary responsibility is to assure milling operations operate to meet or exceed the department/plant metrics for safety, quality, production, cost, delivery, sustainability, morale and more. The Milling Operations Supervisor is expected to effectively communicate & collaborate with all salaried and hourly associates. The Milling Operations Supervisor is responsible for developing Team Leads and hourly employees. This position will be accountable for leading an Integrated Lean Six Sigma culture.
This candidate will manage, supervise, and train the production staff in the milling department, provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring subordinates’ performance. Candidate will possess a good mechanical aptitude. Use logical reasoning to identify and resolve issues, and potential issues with a continuous improvement mindset. Knowledge of milling flows, equipment abilities and adjustments.
The Milling Operations Supervisor must thoroughly understand all plant safety rules and set expectations to assure the employees understand and are following the rules to work safely. The Milling Operations Supervisor must thoroughly understand all plant Quality / Good Manufacturing Practices and set expectations to assure the employees understand and are following these practices to assure food safety and the highest product quality possible. With Safety and Quality as the prime drivers, the Milling Operations Supervisor is responsible for leading and coordinating the team to execute the milling operations and meet or exceed the milling KPIs to achieve the highest level of operational efficiency.
• Candidate will supervise between 7 and 12 hourly union employees.
• Understand bulk flour loading and unloading systems and equipment.
• Ensures compliance with all regulations and procedures for safety, GMPs, and food safety.
• Leads, directs, and supervises the mill Team Leads and hourly employees to efficiently execute milling operations and objectives.
• Manages by walking around at a frequency that provides effective coaching of the hourlies through meaningful 1:1s.
• Coaches, develops and creates succession plans for direct reports.
• Assist and lead troubleshooting of milling operations, operational improvements and productivity initiatives.
• Assures proper milling inventory to maintain uninterrupted operations.
• Understands production lines from end-to-end and performance success.
• Partners with Maintenance team to drive the manufacturing strategies within the Milling department.
• Partners with Staff 1 to drive milling initiatives to successful conclusions.
• Leads Milling Department to drive preventative and autonomous maintenance solutions and provide proper training of the hourly employees.
• Create the environment for root cause analysis to work toward sustainable solutions.
• Management lead for all departments during the shift.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Ethics and Values – adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values, acts in line with core values, rewards the right values and disapproves of others
• Customer Focus - supports business needs and behaves like an owner to support all plant functions, acts with a sense of urgency.
• Drive for results - delivers results consistently, tasks completed in a timely fashion, enthusiasm to accomplish tasks.
• Directing Others - delegates well, clear in communications to direct reports, sets goals, objectives, or targets.
• Confronting direct reports - comfortable delivering negative messages; deals with problems quickly, sets high standards, and challenges employees.
• Motivating Others – employees are treated fairly and with respect, makes individuals feel their work is important, empowers others.
• Builds Effective Teams – creates strong morale, fosters open dialogue, creates a feeling of belonging in the team,
• Planning and organizing – able to scope out length and difficulty of tasks, develops schedules and assignments, measures performance against goals, can marshal resources to get things done
• Priority Setting – creates focus, eliminates roadblocks, and uses time on what’s important.
• Informing - consistent communications, realizes the data needs of others, good follow through
• Problem Solving – uses logic and methods to solve problems, honest analysis of data, utilizes others for best solution.
• Process Management – figures out process to get things done, can organize people and activities, knows what to measure and how to measure it.
• Dealing with Ambiguity – can cope with change, can decide and act without having the total picture.
• Organizational Agility – gets things done through formal and informal channels
• Interpersonal savvy – builds appropriate rapport with all kinds of people to establish constructive and effective relationships
• Business Acumen – understands KPIs, knows how plant business works, understands budgets
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in flour milling. Bachelor’s Degree in Milling Science, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a leadership position. Demonstrated leadership and change management skills and uses excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position is Full Time and flexibility is a must. Applicants should be available to work any shift, overtime and weekends as needed.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.