Mondelez International Customer Supply Chain Manager in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you’ll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working “from farm to shelf,” you’ll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
This role will serve as the primary supply chain collaboration linkage across Customers and Mondelez (MDLZ) developing/managing customer facing supply chain activities for the North America Commercial unit. This role encompasses leading and developing the Customer Supply Chain team in the total plan to cash cycle, ensuring processes and objectives are adhered to and maintained within KPI targets. The CSCM collaborates directly with customers and internal stakeholders (primarily but not limited to: Sales, Product Supply, Demand Planning, Distribution & Transportation) to implement efficient end to end supply chain solutions and programs; requiring a strong strategic approach with all customers.
• Leads, directs, and trains all aspects of Customer Engagement Center (CEC). This includes ensuring alignment with the strategic direction set by the Sales and CS&L leadership, and ensuring execution processes are in place to provide consistent, reliable service throughout the supply chain.
• Frequent interaction with Sales Executives, Customer Executives, Supply Chain leadership, Field Logistics, and any functions that impact our service and relationship with our Customer
• Collaborate with customers and internal sales to develop strategic customer roadmaps for assigned customers, lead Joint Business Planning (JBP) sessions while ensuring consistent approach and leverage insights from other sessions.
• Ensures tactical implementation of the operational component of our customer strategies through communication and collaboration with Customer Services, Field Sales and Logistics
• Influences overall Customer program or project success, finances, and/or the ability to meet objectives
• Utilizes advanced skills to communicate matters of significant importance to the business, representing the organization to multiple internal and external constituents, negotiating issues with significant impact on the achievement of strategic objectives.
• Gather Customer view of service, inventory and on-shelf availability (OSA) reporting; ensure that insights and reports are published quarterly. Develop and maintain customer relationships to achieve executional excellence and to meet and exceed our customer’s KPI expectations.
• Lead in recruitment and development of CEC associates through a commitment to innovation, advancement planning, continuous improvement, establishing/implementing best practices, in addition to diversity, and work life balance creating an environment for great place to work.
• Lead CPFR analysts to ensure maximum on shelf availability of vendor products for assigned strategic Customers.
• Develop the capability of customer and customer service team’s through increased understating of new programs, industry trends and strategic initiatives through participation/membership in Customer and Supplier collaboration boards.
• Responsible for cultivating a great place to work & unleashing empowerment amongst the Customer Engagement Center (CEC) and Customer Engagement Organization (CEO)
Monthly KPI reporting in consistent format for relevant markets (OSA, Inventory and Case Fill rate);
Ad-hoc reporting requests
Material creation for JBP and status reporting
Participation in Customer and Supplier Collaboration Board
Deliver cost & cash flow objectives by understanding E2E supply chain cost, driving continuous improvement/efficiencies to lower cost and improve invoice accuracy
KPI improvements – OSA, inventory, DSO, forecast accuracy and CFR
Joint value tracking for assigned strategic customers
Demonstrate the value delivered via the supply chain
Improved customer perception (via Advantage or other survey)
• Internal: Sales, Product Supply, Demand Planning, Distribution & Transportation
• External: Assigned strategic Customers supply chain leadership (replenishment, transportation, operations, merchandising); CPG peer companies and Customer/supplier collaboration boards.
• Combination of Team leads, CSC multiple levels, and analysts
• Strategic plan development and thought leadership.
• Position effectiveness requires that the candidate possess superior supply chain skills and capabilities, customer focus, lean thinking principles, strong project and process management skills, superior interpersonal skills and effective relationship management at all levels within MDLZ.
• Ability to partner with leaders of other functional areas and business partners to drive overall performance while aligning with Mondelez values
• Proven success at influencing others to deliver results and create winning team culture
• Ability to multi-task and deal with continuously changing priorities, and dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to develop & leverage customer relationships as well as coach on customer relationship management.
• Supply chain/logistics functional expertise within assigned route to market
• Expertise with Customer systems, processes, and tools
• Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision making skills, with proven ability to manage complex situations
• Strong analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree + 3 Years of Experience working in a Customer Facing Organization
• IL6S (Integrated Lean Six Sigma) experience preferred
• Customer supply chain leadership experience and demonstrated ability to lead and motivate
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional, cross-regional work teams
• Excellent written, verbal communication and superior presentation skills
• 25-40% travel is required
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.